Picture of the Day: 20 September, 2012
A soldier from the 1st Platoon, Delta Coy, of the U.S. army shares a bunch of grapes with children from the local Pashtun tribe after an ISAF night patrol came under attack a few nights earlier.
Estimates by the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) are that militia attacks cost between 100-155 million dollars a year to stage, while the rest goes to “maintaining the insurgency,” says a new UN report, which also stated that the Taliban raised 400 million dollars last year through taxes, donations, extorting businessmen and narcotics dealers in Afghanistan.
- arjunjana likes this
- chemically-miserable reblogged this from dashboardnews
- pashtundukhtaree reblogged this from dashboardnews
- pashtundukhtaree likes this
- ladysykes likes this
- mrcozdude reblogged this from dashboardnews
- annaa-bananaa-goannaa reblogged this from dashboardnews
- dashboardnews posted this